Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Being under House Arrest is better than being in Prison: Aung San Suu Kyi

Why is Aung San Suu Kyi a hero? I personally think that she is a very important one because she is trying to free the people of Burma from the junta. She gives away her freedom so she can fight for justice in her country. I remembered back in 1st/2nd grade, I had a scenario exactly like it is in Burma. This one girl in my whole class got mad at me and then she got everyone to be on her side.
She kept it like that for a few weeks, I was all alone with only one friend to keep me company. I watched as all the bystanders kept it that way, which was really hard. So eventually, I told the teacher and things got back to normal, except that the girl was still mad at me.I think that it is important for others to speak up for injustice because if left alone, it could become a worldwide problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment